Thursday, March 30, 2006

Writer's block...

I want to write. I have so many things I want to say. But some things are stopping me.

1) People being so critical
2) Me being so critical

Then of course time. Perfectionism. Laundry.

After having looked out the window for ten minutes I realize being 30 is not easy. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't wanna be anything else than just 30 (right now) but everything I do right now, every choice I make right now seemes... well, not "life-changing" but rather... that it is defining what sort of life I'm heading for. I'm at a cross road.

Even with this little silly blogg.

And by the way, did you know that Sweden bought weapons (as a general word) for around 150 million swedish kronas (1 dollar aroud 7-8 kronas, right swedes?) from Israel during 2000-2004?

Did you know the swedish foriegn minister Laila Freivalds resigned?

And at last, what would you do? If you were a christian convert and your parents muslims, and your parents asked to bring your children for Eid celebrations where they would be a part of islamic traditions? Would you let them?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your last question first: I imagine this is always going to be a challenge for converts who have children relating to the grandparents who of course want to share their heritage with them. I doubt there's any way to resolve it other than for the convert to talk through with the parents what's acceptable for the children to share. For me as Jew, it wouldn't be acceptable if I were in a partnership with an adherent of another religion to have my daughter expected to join in that religion's traditions. On the other hand,I wouldn't expect my partner & family to join in my Jewish traditions unless they wanted to. I wonder which is more challenging-- a parent of Muslim children having in laws or parents who expect Christmas and Easter to be celebrated with them,or a parent of Christian children having the in laws expect them to join in Muslim observance?

As for criticism....I hope you don't let it get you down or stop you from writing. There are far more of us who love what you write and what you have to say....And sadly there are too many people who let themselves go round spreading misery and strife rather than deal with their own issues.

Good to see you posting today.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Mohamed Al-Ashry said...

IMAAN

very nice post in a espetial blog
i love it

thanks for your real words

3:38 PM  
Blogger Kim/Thomas said...

Write your heart out!!

I have read some of your posts, only some, so far, and it's wonderful!

Life after 30 brings you, the realization, that if someone judges or critisizes you, its their problem:)

I'm turning 34, and I'm happy with what I am learning with each year!

Take care, and keep blogging, it's really wonderful stuff:)
kim

1:09 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

As a young child, I celebrated Eid with my (Muslim convert) sister. I was to young to understand the religious reasons for the holiday (I just understood the candy, the new outfit and presents part). It will bring your children closer to your family and that's the most important thing.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Living Away said...

Dear Imaan
Don’t let “People being so critical” hold you back from your belief and your thought!! It isn’t worth after all!
I have something with me: if everybody is enjoying my company, liking what I do or what I say is because there is something wrong with me and I need to get back to my true self again and fast! :)

11:27 AM  
Blogger SavtaDotty said...

As a Jew with grandchildren being raised in mixed religious (Jewish, Christian, Muslin, Buddhist, and secular!) traditions, I have come to terms with all holidays as follows: let's joyously celebrate any holiday that doesn't deny pride in my heritage, as long as there is good food involved! Life is too short to quarrel with loved ones.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Imaan On Ice said...

LOVE all the comments!!! The advice to celebrate all hollidays so far there is good food involved was thoughful actually :-)

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home